“Physical fitness is not only one of the most important keys to a healthy body, it is the basis of dynamic and creative intellectual activity.”
John F. Kennedy
We love our body. We make resolutions, promises to ourselves, to be healthier, better and fit. So we loose weight, that is the easy part. However, keeping that weight off is the hardest thing. Sometimes we deprive our bodies and get discouraged when the weight comes back.
My romance with my weight started 17 years ago, I have been the same weight ever since. No cleanses, no extreme exercise, no rigorous diets. Here is what I suggest: Cook at home. Be conscious of what you put in your body. Your skin, hair and mind reflect what you eat. Reject processed foods, drink a lot of water and tons of green tea. Cook in olive oil and you are more than half way there.
These are 10 tips to loving your body even more:
- Skip the soda Drink a lot of water and green tea!
- Get off white sugar and high fructose corn syrup.
- Limit animal intake and eat good protein You can include beans, legumes, seeds like chia, pumpkin.If you are going to eat meat make sure it is organic, grass fed meats.
- Give up bread and pasta Refined carbohydrates store fat in your stomach, glutes, and thighs. Replace toxic carbs with fruit, veggies, quinoa, buckwheat, amaranth, millet, brown rice, oats.
- Prepare meals at home Cook at home. It’s my New Year Resolution! Cooking at home allows us to control our ingredients and control portions while using organic ingredients.
- Sleep at least 7-8 hours at night The body needs to rest. Sleep deprivation leads to sugar cravings. Sleep well to lose pounds!
- Eat green vegetables
Green vegetables help your body with vitamins and minerals. Choose arugula, kale, mustard greens, spinach. Juice them, sauté them, blend them!
Commit to a gym and to yoga. We multitask so much in our lives, we need to meditate and practice calmness. Don’t let stress add to your extra pounds.
- Exercise and balance your hormones
Exercise at lease 3-4 times a week. Your physical and spiritual self should be in tune! Check your thyroid to make sure your hormones are working properly.
- Lastly be social!!
To party with your friends and have champagne once a week and to be happy with yourself is going to make you keep those pounds far and away!!